The Amazon affiliate, also called “Amazon associate,” is one of the most famous affiliate programs in the world.
Launched in July 1996, this program is used today to earn money by about 1285272+ websites, out of which 175886+ websites are only in the US.
These statistics show that Amazon affiliate programs are very much liked by people even today.
So why don’t we delve a little deeper into it?
What is the Amazon Affiliate Program?
Amazon affiliate program, also known as Amazon associate, is a program used to monetize a website or blog; in short, it is a way to earn money from Affiliate Marketing.
To use it, you have to join this program and generate affiliate links from its dashboard and put them on your blogs so that your audience can click on the link and make purchases, and in return, you can get a commission.
How does this program work? What do I have to do to use it?
If you are curious to know, then stay with me till the end.
Let’s dive into the deep ocean of the Amazon affiliate program.
How to Become An Amazon Affiliate in 2022
Signing up for an Amazon affiliate is as easy as filling out a form and submitting it; the only catch is that you have to fill in the information about your goal.
Are you ready? Let’s go.
Create a blog
To become an Amazon affiliate, your first step should be to create a blog or website.
That is because Amazon has very strict guidelines for its affiliate program, due to which blogs are the best way to earn money as an Amazon affiliate.
Follow the steps given below to create a blog.
- Choose a profitable affiliate niche
- Buy a domain name
- Buy a web hosting
- Connect domain to the hosting
- Install WordPress theme
- Install plugins as per your needs
- And that’s it
And this way, you will be able to build an Amazon affiliate blog that is all set to go live; all you need to do is publish the content.
Now, let’s move on to the next and most important step: signing up for the Amazon affiliate program.
Navigate to the Amazon Associate and Create Your Affiliate Profile
I am covering the complete process of signing up in the Amazon affiliate program step by step with screenshots; all you have to do is follow these steps one by one.
First thing first…
- Click on the sign-up button
- Here you fill in your Amazon account details (email/mobile number and password)
If you do not have an account in Amazon, then first you have to create your Amazon account, for that:
- Click on the create a new amazon account
- Enter your name, email and password
- Enter your OTP (which you can receive in your email)
- Register mobile number
- Enter OTP again (from mobile number)
- And your Amazon account will be created
After this, you have to sign in to your Amazon affiliate account with the email you created your Amazon account.
Complete the other process with the help of these steps:
- After entering your email and password, you will be taken to a page where you have to fill in your account information (name, address, mobile number etc.)
- Click on the “Next” button
- Here you will enter the URL of your website or mobile application
Note:- If you want to use more than one channel to do Amazon affiliate marketing, you have to enter the URL of all of them here, whether it is more than one website, application or YouTube channel.
- The Next button will appear as soon as you enter the URL, and when this process is completed, click on the “Next” button
- After that, you will see a message asking whether the website or application whose URL you entered, publishes the content for children under 13 years of age or not, and here you have to easily confirm by clicking on “No” (if you’re producing content for above 13 years old, and I guess you’re)
Here you will see mainly three sections, and I will tell you the details of each section step by step:
- In this section, you have first to create your Store ID, for which you can enter any name over here
- Below this, you will see a list of websites and mobile apps that you have already entered, so leave it as it is
- What is your website or apps about? The answer is to be filled in the next step
- Next, you have to choose the primary topic of your website/apps
- In the next step, you have to select the items that you want to promote (here, you can promote any product other than the selected items, so don’t worry)
- After that, choose the type of your website/apps
- Here you have first to choose the way through which you will bring traffic to your website/apps
- Next, How do you make income from your website/apps? To choose its medium, if Amazon affiliate is the only medium, choose Amazon affiliate
- In the next step, you have to tell the way of link building
- After that, you have to fill in all the information about the traffic coming to your website / apps, the reason for joining the Amazon affiliate program and how you came to know about this program
- The third section is of captcha, where you have to fill the given captcha and proceed by clicking on terms and conditions
- If you do not see the photo clearly, then by clicking on “Try Audio Captcha” you can type after listening to the captcha
And thus, your Amazon affiliate form will be submitted, and within 24 hours, you will receive your account approval mail from the Amazon team.
After this, you will be able to access your Amazon affiliate dashboard.
Now, let’s move ahead to the next step.
How to Create Amazon Affiliate Link
You can use two methods to generate Amazon affiliate links:
- Product linking
This is the easiest and most used way to generate Amazon affiliate links.
To create a link with this, go to Amazon and find the product whose link you want to generate, understand the further process in the steps:
- After clicking on the product, click on “text” with the help of SiteStripe given above (see screenshot)
- After this, you will see a link, copy it
These links are your affiliate links, and you can also use short or long URLs.
To create an affiliate link from here, you have to first go to the Amazon affiliate dashboard:
- For that, you can also visit https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/home or click on the “Earning” button present in SiteStripe
- Here you will see a “product linking” tab, click on it
- Next, click on “Product links”
- Here you can see a search bar
- You can search by entering the name of the product or its ASIN/ISBN in this search bar
- After that, you can create your unique affiliate link by clicking on the “Get link”
Amazon Affiliate Program Pros & Cons
Now that we have talked so much about becoming an Amazon affiliate, now some of its advantages and disadvantages should also be discussed.
Some of the benefits of becoming an Amazon affiliate are as follows:
One of the Biggest Affiliate Program
Amazon affiliate programs are not only the oldest but also the largest, and this is why this program is the best option for beginners to start affiliate marketing.
Suppose you are working in a niche that has physical products. In that case, Amazon affiliate is the best affiliate program for you because here you will get millions of physical products to promote.
The best thing about Amazon affiliate is that here you will get a commission for one product, but if the user buys more than one product, you will also get its commission.
For instance, if you promote a laptop but the user has bought the camera along with the laptop, you will also get its commission.
High conversion rate
Amazon is the world’s largest ecommerce platform, due to which more than 270 million people visit the Amazon website every month in the United States alone.
Because of this, Amazon affiliates get high conversion rates.
Let’s talk about some cons as well.
Low commission rate
On April 21, 2020, there was a big announcement by Amazon. Amazon substantially reduced the commission rate of all the main categories, due to which Amazon affiliates now receive much less commission.
Now here, you do not even get a 10% commission which is much less than other affiliate programs.
Amazon provides you with 24-hour cookies, which means that if someone clicks on your affiliate link to visit Amazon’s website and within 24 hours if they do not make any purchases, then you will not get their commission.
It is a very short period compared to other affiliate programs because you are usually provided with cookies for several months, while some affiliate programs also provide you with lifetime cookies.
But despite all this, Amazon affiliate is still a great option to make money online.
Amazon Affiliate Program Commission Rate
Recap How to Become an Amazon Affiliate
In this blog, we have explained step by step the process of becoming an Amazon affiliate and recap the whole process once again.
So we learned here:
- What is the Amazon affiliate program?
- How to become an amazon affiliate?
- How to create an Amazon affiliate link?
- Amazon affiliate program pros & cons
- Amazon affiliate program commission rate
So in this way, if you follow these steps, you can get approval for Amazon affiliate.
I hope that you will not face any problem in becoming an Amazon affiliate after reading this guide, but in spite of this, if you have any problem, you can share in the comment below; I will be happy to help you.